Research Advisory Committee (RAC)
- Dr. Suzanne Guerin (Chair), School of Psychology, University College Dublin Chair
- Professor Mary Corcoran, Sociology at Maynooth University
- Dr Helen Johnston, Senior Social Policy Analyst at the National Economic and Social Council in Ireland
- Professor Emeritus, Tony Fahy, Social Policy, UCD
- Aine McAdam, Researcher, Sociology at Maynooth University
The primary role of the Expert Advisory Committee is to advise and support the development, implementation, review and dissemination of all research and evaluation activities within CDI.
Functions of the Research Advisory Committee are to:
- Provide advice and support on the commissioning and implementation of research and evaluations;
- Support oversight of the research / evaluation programme;
- Review emerging results from CDI research and evaluations;
- Advise on changes to, or augmentation of, research and/or evaluations if the need arises;
- Provide observations on design and review of services;
- Advise on the dissemination of research and evaluation findings and conclusions, particularly in relation to its utilisation as a mechanism to influence policy, practice and training.
Reports of meetings of the RAC and any reports prepared by the RAC will be transmitted to the Board of CDI for its consideration and action as it deems appropriate.